- We established our charter, our fighting styles and how we met. (Basically… in a tavern.) We also found out that Tolles, Solace and Tetra don’t talk a lot about their pasts. And that the three big adventuring companies are far, far, out of town.
- We are offered a job (summoned) by the Ambassador of Wylmar and immediately make our way to their Embassy. After being made to wait (and some of us identifying someone standing behind a fake wall, presumably spying on us), we meet with the Ambassador and her chief of security (___). Again, some of us are more perceptive than others and detect that the sword on display in her office is an illusion and that the ambassador is wearing a bit of illusory make-up. Just before being let in, some of us also overhear something about ‘a spy’ and a questioning of our capabilities.
- We are informed that there is some sort of rat problem in the kitchen. We are experts at rat problems. She offers 100gp per rat – carcasses must be presented. We are shown downstairs and quickly start searching the kitchen. We’re slightly tempted to investigate some mail on the counter, but it’s clear they’re for the cook and we don’t disturb them.
- It turns out the rats have burrowed under the stove.. and… that they’re invisible. The ensuing fight is more challenging than we expected and takes us into the neighbouring pantry. Laz gets pretty roughed up but Verdad is fortunately there with clerical healing and tumbling hexahedrons (I think that was the shape). Tetra’s raven gets in a few good licks as does her celestial hound – who also takes a pummeling. A fireball and some stabbings later, and we have four dead – now visible – rats.
- Tolles also discovers some scrape marks. As though large cages – the right size to hold a couple of dire rats had been dragged into the corner. The invisibility is a very sophisticated spell. This was a very unusual situation. Nevertheless, Verdad is excited to take the bodies back for food for his fellow Pun-pun worshipers – but he can only carry one.
- We return to report to the ambassador and, after informing her about the invisibility, receive an extra 600gp. She expects she knows who is messing with the embassy. People who want to cause trouble and distract them from their important work.