– Investigation plots are my favourite plots. I love collecting clues. I’m excited about this web of money, politics and loyalties!
– I’m trying not to fall into the rut of “my character’s a fighter so all I do is fight”. I’m happy to have her try other methods and fail at them. I was going to have her intimidate our little gnome friend (Murnig), but she’s not really a mean and bossy sort of person.
– We’ve got two Faces and it was really nice of Matt to pitch some of the talking / information gathering scenes over to James.
– Really love how like all of our characters’ interests are being woven together for this plot: civil rights unions / terrorists (Cog), police/underworld (Tolles), the Balance’s decrypters (Solace), Wylmar’s machinations (Tetra/Solace), airship companies (Laz). (And of course, Pun-pun has a hand in all things.) Am sure it was lots of work to integrate all of this. Thank you, Rachel!
– Tetra keeping a copy of the book! And always pursuing her studies and knowledge, no matter the cost!
– Verdad’s crunching of fried rat, while hidden. So good.
– Cog letting Laz be of assistance during their artificing.
– Tolles threatening to tell everyone that the gnome was cooperating with us. So devious.
– Solace agonizing over her decision to show the tome to her superior.
– The detective being into Laz! Oh man, I love this. Romance plots (especially unrequited ones) are so much fun for me!
– I really liked the bait-and-switch with the rat and the mushroom creature. Was a fun surprise.
– I also really like that there’s a police force that we can hand things off too! So much more reasonable than the generic D&D setting. Everything is so civilized! We’re so not murder-hobos!
– The mystery of the invisible creatures is solved! But the mystery of why we’re being tested by the diplomat deepens/thickens/somethings…
– Sister Solace fretting (in a calm, serene way) over the motivations of Ambassador Duskwatcher. (And being aghast at Laz’s swearing)
– Cog reading a book in one hand – and then reading a book in their *other* hand.
– Verdad debating whether or not his cohort would be able to eat the mushroom creature.
– Tolles feeling a little queasy once all the Undead-turning started happening.
– Tetra telling the Ambassador that she should see to the training of her observers. We could hear them clearly through the wall.
– Suuuper whiney gnome-guy (Murnig) who was too scared to come down into the library with us.